A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Yun Keun (Brian) Song and Brian Song Personal Real Estate Corporation and found that Yun Keun (Brian) Song and Brian Song Personal Real Estate Corporation committed professional misconduct when:
- acting as the listing agent in the 2014 sale of the Property, they published advertising on the Multiple Listing Service® that stated that the Property contained new drain tiles when they knew, or ought to have known that was incorrect; and
- acting as a limited dual agent for the seller and buyer of the Property in 2014, they failed to ascertain material facts concerning the Property, namely the age and/or condition of the drain tiles.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Yun Keun (Brian) Song and Brian Song Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to, the following penalties:
- a discipline penalty of $2,500, jointly and severally; and
- enforcement expenses of $1,500, jointly and severally.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more - will open in a new tab
Real Estate Rules
Full consent order is available as a PDF.