A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Michael Ryan Marfori and Mike Marfori Personal Real Estate Corporation, and found that Michael Ryan Marfori and Mike Marfori Personal Real Estate Corporation committed professional misconduct when they:
- failed to act with reasonable care and skill when they did not include a clause to ensure the sellers of a property would be released from a first contract before a second contract became unconditional;
- failed to act with reasonable care and skill under the terms of a Limited Dual Agency Agreement when they failed to identify the potential for a conflict of interest to arise between their clients after one client decided to prefer the interests of a third party over the interests of the other client; and
- failed to promptly provide their managing broker with the original or a copy of a document.
Michael Ryan Marfori and Mike Marfori Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to the following penalties:
- a reprimand;
- a discipline penalty of $3,500 (jointly and severally);
- enforcement expenses of $1,500 (jointly and severally);
- successful completion of the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course; and
- upon completion of the course, a review with their managing broker of the duties of a licensee.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more - will open in a new tab
Real Estate Rules
Full consent order is available as a PDF.