A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Jagmohan Singh Sidhu (“Mr.Singh”) and Jag Sidhu Personal Real Estate Corporation and found that Mr. Singh and Jag Sidhu Personal Real Estate Corporation committed professional misconduct when they:
- failed to act with reasonable care and skill when they did not ensure that a disclosure notice was provided to a person making an offer to purchase the Property, as required under section 212(2) of the HPA and contrary to section 3-4 of the Rules.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Mr. Singh and Jag Sidhu Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to, the following penalties:
- a reprimand;
- a discipline penalty of $5000;
- enforcement expenses of $1500; and
- successful completion of the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Course.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more - will open in a new tab
Real Estate Rules
- 3-4 [Duty to act honestly with reasonable care and skill] Read more
Full consent order is available as a PDF.