A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Celia Heather Myers (“Ms. Myers”) and found that Ms. Myers committed professional misconduct when she did not:
- make or follow up on, or recommend that the Buyers make inquiries concerning adverse information or inconsistencies within the Property Disclosure Statements concerning a well serving as the property’s water supply;
- recommend the Buyers obtain a land survey or ensure the Buyers understood the risk of proceeding without a land survey on the Property, which included two titles and three dwellings; and
- make the Buyers aware of the risks of relying on unauthorized accommodation included in the Property for rental income.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Ms. Myers has agreed to, the following penalties:
- a discipline penalty of $4,000;
- enforcement expenses of $1,500;
- successful completion of the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course; and
- successful completion of the Rural Real Estate Essentials Course.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licencee] Read more
Real Estate Rules
Full consent order is available as a PDF.