A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Abdul Qayyum and Abdul Qayyum Personal Real Estate Corporation, and found that they committed professional misconduct when while acting as the buyers’ agent they:
- failed to ensure that an Owner-Builder Disclosure Notice (“OBDN”) was provided to buyer clients prior to making an offer to purchase property and prior to the property transaction; and
- failed to ensure that the contract of purchase and sale contained terms concerning an OBDN and home warranty.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Abdul Qayyum and Abdul Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to, the following penalties:
- a discipline penalty of $2,000, jointly and severally liable;
- enforcement expenses of $1,500, jointly and severally liable; and
- successful completion of the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more - will open in a new tab
Real Estate Rules
- 3-4 [Duty to act honestly with reasonable care and skill] Read more
Full consent order is available as a PDF.