Whether you are just starting your career, or you are already a seasoned professional, education from RECBC will ensure that you are set up for success.
Our courses ensure professionals obtain, maintain, and enhance the skills necessary to protect the public and ensure awareness of emerging trends and issues. Mandatory continuing education helps reinforce knowledge and addresses topical issues, trends and legislation changes. It contributes directly to raising industry standards by helping to ensure real estate professionals understand their role and the rules and regulations.
In order to renew your license, all licensed real estate professionals are required to complete the following courses during their two-year licensing period.
- You will need to complete two mandatory courses (Legal Update and Rule Changes) if your renewal is up to and including March 31st, 2020.
- You will need to complete three mandatory courses (Legal Update, Rule Changes and Anti-Money Laundering) if your renewal is after April 1st, 2020 and before October 1st, 2020.
- You will need to complete three mandatory courses (Legal Update, Anti-Money Laundering and Ethics) if your renewal is after October 1st, 2020.
RECBC’s Ethics for the Real Estate Professional course focuses on ethical decision-making in the context of the real estate profession. By being aware of the ethical implications of the decisions you make both in day-to-day business and in more challenging situations where ethical concerns arise, you will better be able to fulfill the role of trusted advisor to your clients and other professionals.
RECBC’s Anti-Money Laundering in Real Estate course is designed to give you the tools and knowledge you need to help prevent illicit funds from entering our real estate markets. You’ll learn to identify warning signs and red flags for money laundering, and the steps to take when they appear.
This self-paced online course gives you the information you need to understand and comply with the changes to the Rules in effect since June 15, 2018. You’ll learn:
- when to use the mandatory disclosure forms
- the reasons for the changes to agency and disclosure
- how to adapt your day-to-day business practices
- how to communicate effectively with consumers about the required disclosures and changes to agency.
In the Legal Update Course, you’ll learn about legal and regulatory updates, as well as best practice reminders. It includes recent notable RECBC discipline cases, legal developments, Errors and Omissions reports, and covers key learning points for real estate professionals to transfer into their business practices.