RECBC is committed to creating and improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace and community. In fulfilling our mandate, it is important that our practices are representative of the diverse population of British Columbia by removing barriers and promoting equitable treatment for all.
a diverse organization where a variety of social and cultural characteristics exist and are welcomed
an inclusive organization where each person feels valued and connected, and where we can be safe to express our authentic selves
an equitable organization that guarantees fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement for all
RECBC is committed to attracting and retaining employees from diverse backgrounds through training and strategic partnerships to improve our hiring practices.
- Pride at Work Canada Regional Partner — will open in a new tab
- Indigenous Works Member — will open in a new tab
- Implementation of recommendations of Presidents Group for Accessible Employers — will open in a new tab
- Staff training on Unconscious Bias for Hiring
- Immigration support program
- Offering accommodation policies for prospective employees
Creating a safe, diverse, and equitable workplace for our team is our priority. Building awareness in our team members and creating opportunities to support diverse groups helps us as we strive for continual improvement in this mission.
- Gender Based Analysis Plus (GBA+) — will open in a new tab Training
- Systemic Racism in the Canadian Context Training
- Spotlighting important months of recognition, including Black History and Transgender Awareness Months
- Providing resources for staff who may identify as LGBTQ2+ or have a family member who identifies as LGBTQ2+
- Improving accessibility within our offices
- Offering accommodation policies for employees
RECBC is committed to removing barriers and promoting equal access and treatment for all British Columbians, by ensuring our practices reflect and are representative of the entire, diverse population of our province.
- Commitments to initiatives including Reconciliation and Gender Based Analysis Plus (GBA+) — will open in a new tab as part of our Mandate Letter and Service Plan
- Updating our brand to reflect inclusive language
- Visible representation in education courses and website images
- Improving website accessibility
- Offering an accommodation policy for prospective and current real estate professionals
- Signing the BC Lieutenant Governor’s Diversity Pledge — will open in a new tab, committing to being #DifferentTogether and holding diversity as a fundamental value
RECBC is proud to have been recognized by Great Place to Work® as a Best Workplace Managed by Women for 2019 and 2020. This recognition is awarded based on feedback from our employees and reflects our work to empower women in our workplace.
- Lean-in Canada Lean-in Circle for introverted female leaders
- Minerva Leadership Program: Women Leading the Way leadership development program
- Mentorship and career development opportunities
- Partnering with Minerva BC to sign the Diversity Pledge — will open in a new tab, committing to promote diversity and inclusion and to foster the development of women leaders