Contact Us Licensee Login
Print Friendly

Relicensing Education Program


All licensees are required to complete the Council’s Relicensing Education Program (REP) requirement before applying to renew their real estate licence. The REP requirement is separate and distinct from any educational requirements mandated by the various real estate boards throughout the province.


REP Course and Registration Information

If your licence is due to expire on or after January 1, 2015, you are required to complete one applicable Legal Update course prior to your licence expiry date.

If you are licensed to provide more than one service (e.g. trading services and strata management services), you are still only required to complete one Legal Update course


Record Keeping and Reporting

As a licensee, you are responsible for accurately reporting your course completion on your renewal application form.  You must state the REP course you have completed and certify that the information you have provided is accurate.

Please keep a detailed and valid record of the REP courses you have completed, as you may be subject to an audit of your reported education. Keep the proof of your completed education and attendance records in a specific education file along with information about the course including any completion certificates and marks. Keep these records for five years from the licence renewal date for which you reported the education.

If you are audited, and you are not able to provide documentary evidence that you  have completed a course reported on your licence application, the Council may take disciplinary action, including terminating your licence until the required education has been completed.


Licensees With Disabilities

In keeping with the BC Human Rights Code, it is the Council’s goal to create an ongoing education program that is accessible to everyone and ensures fair and consistent treatment of all licensees, including those with a disability.  Licensees with a disability that would prevent them from completing a REP course may request special accommodations and arrangements. Licensees who wish to request an accommodation  must provide appropriate assessment and medical records (including medical diagnosis and prognosis) in order to facilitate the accommodation.  All information submitted will be kept confidential and used only for the purpose of facilitating accommodation.

Written requests for accommodation should be made 30 days in advance of registering for a course and must be submitted with supporting documentation to the Education and Licensing Officer at the Council offices.