A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Wei Zheng also known as Josh Zheng and Josh Zheng Personal Real Estate Corporation, and found that they committed professional misconduct while acting as the listing agent in the 2016 sale of a property (the “Property”) when he:
- failed to disclose to the seller, in writing, that he was a member of a team registered with the Council;
- failed to identify all members of the team to the seller on the multiple listing contract and on the contract of purchase and sale of the Property;
- informed the agent for a prospective buyer, that he had received a written offer on the Property when that was not the case; and
- at a later date thereafter, while negotiating a counteroffer with the agent for a prospective buyer, failed to advise her that another written offer had been presented to the seller.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Wei Zheng also known as Josh Zheng and Josh Zheng Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to, the following penalties:
- a discipline penalty of $5,000, jointly and severally;
- enforcement expenses of $1,500, jointly and severally; and
- successful completion of the Ethics in Business Practice course.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more - will open in a new tab
Real Estate Rules
Full consent order is available as a PDF.