A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Steven Tse, on behalf of himself and Steven Tse Personal Real Estate Corporation (ST Personal Real Estate Corporation), and found that Mr. Tse and ST Personal Real Estate Corporation committed professional misconduct when they:
- published a MLS® listing for a property which he knew, or reasonably ought to have known, contained a number of false or misleading statements, including that the property
- was a “top floor, two level loft” when in fact it was a one level studio unit;
- was a “one bedroom unit” as opposed to a studio unit; and
- contained 792 square feet of finished floor space, when in fact the authorized square footage of the property was only 568 square feet;
- did not disclose an email to the buyer of the property or her agent, which email indicated that the unauthorized square footage in the property was not likely to be approved by the City of Vancouver; and
- did not amend or correct the MLS® listing after receiving the email.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Steven Tse and ST Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to, the following penalties:
- a discipline penalty of $12,000;
- an additional penalty of $6,585; and
- enforcement expenses of $1,500.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more
Real Estate Rules
Full consent order is available as a PDF.