While licensed as a trading representative with his brokerage, Mr. Boyal committed professional misconduct when he became the assignee for a property and he:
- Mr. Boyal failed to provide his brokerage with the original or a copy of the assignment, and failed to keep his brokerage informed of the real estate services he provided;
- Mr. Boyal provided real estate services outside of his brokerage; and
- Mr. Boyal failed to disclose the assignment in a Disclosure of Interest in Trade form.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered the following:
- Mr. Boyal is reprimanded and must pay a discipline penalty of $2,500 to the Council.
- At his own expense, Mr. Boyal must complete the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course.
- Mr. Boyal’s licence includes a condition requiring enhanced supervision by a managing broker for a period of six months following the date of this Order.
- Mr. Boyal must pay enforcement expenses of $1,500 to the Council.
As Mr. Boyal has a personal real estate corporation, the licence of Shari Boyal Personal Real Estate Corporation is also reprimanded, includes the same condition requiring enhanced supervision on its licence, and is equally responsible for paying the discipline penalty and enforcement expenses.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more - will open in a new tab
- 7(3) [Relationships between brokerages and other licensees] Read more - will open in a new tab
Real Estate Rules
Full consent order is available as a PDF.