A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Roland John Kym (“Mr. Kym”) and Roland Kym Personal Real Estate Corporation (“Kym Personal Real Estate Corporation”), and found that Mr. Kym and Kym Personal Real Estate Corporation committed professional misconduct when while acting as the listing agent in the sale of the property in or about October and November 2016, Mr. Kym failed:
- to provide strata minutes and an engineering report to the buyer’s agent upon request; and
- to take steps to confirm that the strata minutes and engineering report had otherwise been sent to, and received by, the buyer’s agent to ensure that the buyer had all the information about the property that the sellers had instructed him to disclose to interested parties prior to his clients accepting a subject-free offer.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Mr. Kym and Kym Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to, the following penalties:
- a discipline penalty of $2,500;
- enforcement expenses of $1,500; and
- successful completion of the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more
Real Estate Rules
- 3-4 [Duty to act honestly and with reasonable care and skill] Read more
Full consent order is available as a PDF.