A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Michael Ryan Marfori and Mike Marfori Personal Real Estate Corporation, and found that they committed professional misconduct while acting as the sellers’ agent when they:
- failed to ensure that an Owner-Builder Disclosure Notice was provided to a prospective purchaser; and
- listed a property when it was not permitted by BC Housing to be offered for sale.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Michael Ryan Marfori and Mike Marfori Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to, the following penalties:
- a discipline penalty of $2,000, jointly and severally liable;
- enforcement expenses of $1,500, jointly and severally liable; and
- successful completion of the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more - will open in a new tab
Real Estate Rules
- 3-4 [Duty to act honestly with reasonable care and skill] Read more
Full consent order is available as a PDF.