A qualification hearing was held to determine a licensee’s suitability to be licensed. The circumstances considered at the hearing included the following:
- failure to provide full and frank disclosure and attempt to mislead the Real Estate Council of Alberta (“RECA”) at the time of application for licensing with RECA in 2016; and
- attempt to minimize or mislead RECA and the Council at the time of applications for licensing with both regulators.
A Hearing Committee of the Council ordered that the licensee is currently of good reputation and suitable to be licensed, subject to conditions and restrictions on their licence as permitted by section 15 of the Real Estate Services Act, SBC 2004, c 42. See paragraphs 45-46 under Conditions of the Reasons for Decision for more details.
Real Estate Services Act
- 10 [Qualifications for obtaining licence]
- 13 [Refusal to issue or renew licence]
- 15 [Conditions and restrictions in relation to a specific licence]
Real Estate Rules
POSTED ON: November 7, 2019
LENGTH OF PUBLICATION ON WEBSITE: 5 years
Full qualification hearing is available as a PDF.