A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Kevin Patrick O’Donnell (“Mr. O’Donnell”) and found that Mr. O’Donnell committed professional misconduct when he, in his capacity as the managing broker and as the strata property manager, prepared and issued a Form B Information Certificate on behalf of the strata, which he knew or ought reasonably to have known failed to properly disclose the existence of litigation against the strata.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Mr. O’Donnell has agreed to, the following penalties:
- pay a discipline penalty of $5,000;
- pay enforcement expenses of $1,500;
- successful completion of the Real Estate Brokers’ Remedial Education Course; and
- successful completion of the Strata Management Remedial Education Course.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more
Real Estate Rules
- 3-4 [Act with reasonable care and skill] Read more
Full consent order is available as a PDF.