A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Jason Alexander Leslie (“Mr. Leslie”) and Jason Leslie Personal Real Estate Corporation (“JL Personal Real Estate Corporation”), and found that Mr. Leslie and JL Personal Real Estate Corporation committed professional misconduct when they:
- enabled a building inspection of the property to be conducted without obtaining the informed consent of all the sellers;
- failed to promptly inform all the sellers that the Contract of Purchase and Sale had been assigned to the assignees and that Mr. Leslie was acting as the buyer’s designated agent in the assignment contract; and
- failed to advise the sellers that the deposit of $25,000 was loaned to the buyer by a company of which Mr. Leslie is the sole director.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Mr. Leslie and JL Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to, the following penalties:
- a discipline penalty of $7,500;
- enforcement expenses of $1,500;
- successful completion of the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course; and
- successful completion of the REIC2600 Ethics in Business Practice course.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more
Real Estate Rules
Full consent order is available as a PDF.