A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by James Kevin Adams, and found that Mr. Adams committed professional misconduct when:
- he published, or caused or permitted to be published, real estate advertising, being the website for “K-O Properties” (the “Website”), which was false and/or misleading in that it advertised rental property management services and strata management services for the Kootenay and Okanagan regions in circumstances when neither he nor anyone affiliated with the Website was licensed to provide such services in British Columbia;
- the Website that he published, or caused or permitted to be published, did not display the licensee name of a brokerage in a prominent and easily readable way; and
- the Website that he published, or caused or permitted to be published, advertised real estate services through a personal office.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Mr. Adams has agreed to, the following penalties:
- a discipline penalty of $5,000;
- enforcement expenses of 1,500; and
- successful completion of the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more
Real Estate Rules
Full consent order is available as a PDF.