A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) has found that Jae Ryang (Jay) Kim committed professional misconduct and conduct unbecoming in that he:
- committed professional misconduct, by engaging in conduct that contravened the rules, pursuant to section 35(1)(a) of the RESA.
- committed conduct unbecoming a licensee, as his conduct is contrary to the best interests of the public, and undermines public confidence in the real estate industry, pursuant to section 35(2)(a) and (b) of the RESA.
The Discipline Committee ordered that Jae Ryang (Jay) Kim:
- be suspended of three (3) months;
- is prohibited from acting as an unlicensed assistant during the suspension period;
- pay a discipline penalty of $5,000;
- successfully complete Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course;
- is ineligible to apply for licensure:
- within six months of the date of the Order;
- until after Mr. Kim has paid the Fine; and
- until after Mr. Kim has taken the Course;
- upon his obtaining another licence, undergo enhanced supervision by his managing broker for a period of twelve (12) months; and
- pay enforcement expenses of $36,073.29.
Full penalty decision is available as a PDF.