A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Henry Everett Klop (“Mr. Klop”), on his own behalf and on behalf of Henry Everett Klop Personal Real Estate Corporation (“HK Personal Real Estate Corporation”), and found that Mr. Klop and HK Personal Real Estate Corporation committed professional misconduct when Mr. Klop:
- failed to advise his seller client to seek independent professional advice with regards to the value of a property and his relationship to the buyers; and
- failed to take reasonable steps to avoid any conflict of interest with regards to his relationship to the buyers.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Mr. Klop and HK Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to, the following penalties:
- jointly and severally liable to pay a discipline penalty of $5,000;
- jointly and severally liable to pay enforcement expenses of $1,500; and
- successful completion of the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more
Real Estate Rules
- 3-3(d) and (i) [Duties to clients] Read more
Full consent order is available as a PDF.