Mr. Brar committed conduct unbecoming a licensee while taking an exam during the Managing Broker’s Licensing course. He had in his possession prohibited materials, specifically one or more written records of information related directly to the subject matter, in the exam room.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered the following:
- Mr. Brar’s licence is suspended for 120 days, from August 22, 2018 to December 20, 2018 inclusive. During this time, Mr. Brar is prohibited from acting as an unlicensed assistant.
- Mr. Brar is prohibited from applying for a managing broker’s licence for a period of five years.
- Mr. Brar must pay a discipline penalty of $5,000 to the Council.
- Mr. Brar must pay enforcement expenses of $1,500 to the Council.
- At his own expense, Mr. Brar must successfully complete the course entitled REIC2600 — Ethics in Business Practice.
- Mr. Brar must review with his managing broker what he learned from the course and submit a certification signed by his managing broker confirming that he has completed the review.
- If Mr Brar fails to comply with any of the terms of this Consent Order, a Discipline Hearing Committee may suspend or cancel his licence without further notice to him.
As Mr. Brar has a personal real estate corporation, the licence of Gurvinder Brar Personal Real Estate Corporation is also suspended and equally responsible for paying the discipline penalty and enforcement expenses.
Real Estate Services Act
- Conduct unbecoming a licensee Read more - will open in a new tab
Full consent order is available as a PDF.