A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Candice Claire Dyer (“Ms. Dyer”), on her own behalf and on behalf of Candice Dyer Personal Real Estate Corporation (“CD Personal Real Estate Corporation”), and found that Ms. Dyer and CD Personal Real Estate Corporation committed professional misconduct when they:
- failed to ensure that the contract of purchase and sale for a property expressly and clearly stated that the indicated purchase price included the GST;
- advised the buyers and the buyers’ financial institution of an incorrect amount for the purchase price and that no GST was payable by the buyers, which resulted in:
- the financial institution approving the buyers for funds in an amount that was insufficient to complete the purchase of the property; and
- the buyers having to obtain further financing for additional monies at a higher interest rate through a line of credit in order to complete the transaction.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Ms. Dyer and CD Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to, the following penalties:
- jointly and severally liable to pay a discipline penalty of $5,000;
- jointly and severally liable to pay enforcement expenses of $1,500; and
- successful completion of the Representing Buyers in the Sale of New Homes and Condominiums Course.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more
Real Estate Rules
Full consent order is available as a PDF.