Mr. B. Samra, Mr. P. Samra, and Ms. Lee, while licensed as representatives with RE/MAX Blueprint Realty, committed professional misconduct as listing agents in the sale of a new home built by an owner builder. Prior to the offer, they all failed to ensure that a disclosure notice was provided to the buyer as required by the Homeowner Protection Act.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered the following:
- Mr. B. Samra, Mr. P. Samra, and Ms. Lee each be reprimanded.
- At their own expense, Mr. B. Samra, Mr. P. Samra, and Ms. Lee must successfully complete the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course.
- Mr. B. Samra, Mr. P. Samra, and Ms. Lee must each pay a discipline penalty of $2,500 to the Council.
- Mr. B. Samra, Mr. P. Samra, and Ms. Lee must each pay enforcement expenses of $1,500 to the Council.
As Mr. P. Samra has a personal real estate corporation, the licence of Paul Samra Personal Real Estate Corporation is also reprimanded and equally responsible for paying the discipline penalty and enforcement expenses.
Real Estate Services Act
- 35(1)(a) [Misconduct by licensee] Read more - will open in a new tab
Real Estate Rules
- 3-4 [Duty to act honestly and with reasonable care and skill] Read more
Full consent order is available as a PDF.