The photo identification that you provide must:
- have been issued by a provincial or territorial government of Canada, by the Government of Canada, or by another state or federal government;
- be valid (not expired) at the time it is provided; or
- if the photo identification does not have an expiry date, must have been issued within the last 5 years; and
- must contain your full legal name.
Please ensure that your full legal name on the photo identification exactly matches the full legal name provided on your criminal record check and on the application form you submit.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence
- Nexus Card
- Canadian Citizenship Certificate Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Indian Status Card
The copy of the photo identification you submit with your application must be clear and legible.
If you wish to provide a form of photo identification that is not listed above, please email [email protected] to submit a request. The use of other forms of identification must be pre-approved by RECBC.