Guidelines for filing a complaint
Often, when a misunderstanding arises between a licensee and a consumer, it is due to a lack of communication between the parties.
If this has happened to you, we suggest you use these steps to resolve your problem as quickly as possible:
- Discuss the concern with the licensee you are working with.
- If the matter is not resolved, discuss the concern with the managing broker in charge of the real estate brokerage.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome after taking these steps, you should bring your concern to the Council.
- Complete the Complaint Form (PDF)
- Attach all documentation as specified.
- Send to the Real Estate Council of BC.