Senior Compliance Officer
The Compliance Department at the Real Estate Council of BC is seeking an investigative individual with key skills or qualifications in the intake and investigation of complaints to join our team as a Senior Compliance Officer. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Compliance to ensure compliance with the investigation and assessment of complaints.
This position is expected to be filled by promotion/reassignment and is included here to inform you of its vacancy at RECBC.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Compliance, Compliance Department
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Status: Full Time Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
- Receives and reviews complaints to determine if the complaint falls within the Real Estate Council’s jurisdiction and if evidence suggests a breach of the Real Estate Services Act, Regulation, Bylaws or Rules, warranting further investigation
- Resolves complaints through informal and formal resolution processes
- Conducts investigations to assess evidence
- Corresponds with complainants and respondents and/or licensees on the complaints process and outcome
- Prepares summaries for the review and approval of Legal Department
- Reviews investigations and reports by other Compliance Officers and provides guidance and direction where appropriate
- Performs other duties as required
- Post-secondary education from a relevant and recognized program or equivalent experience, plus a minimum of five (5) years experience as an investigator, paralegal, or other equivalents
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation and regulations
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time-sensitive projects within demanding work schedules
- Demonstrated ability to apply superior judgment, and strategic and innovative thinking in decision making
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; proven capacity to be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, research, evaluate and interpret legal compliance issues
- Ability to train and teach adults in a clear and concise manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume along with your cover letter to [email protected].
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. RECBC offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted about a career opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.