The Office of the Superintendent of Real Estate has published amendments to the Real Estate Rules for feedback. These new rules are complementary to rules made on November 8, 2017 — will open in a new tab that will prohibit dual agency and enhance consumer disclosure. These rule amendments would:
- incorporate the Real Estate Council of British Columbia’s English language proficiency requirement for new applicants into the Rules;
- create a new requirement for licensees to complete continuing professional education courses from time to time, typically when significant new rules are introduced;
- designate the first continuing professional education course to be completed by trading services and rental property management licensees;
- mandate that new remuneration disclosures include a dollar amount; and,
- create new rules to address conflicts of interest where a licensee finds themselves potentially working with multiple parties that would constitute dual agency.
A copy of the annotated draft rules is located here — will open in a new tab.
Please review the proposed changes and provide feedback — will open in a new tab.
The consultation period closes on April 20, 2018 at 6: 00 pm.
Office of the Superintendent of Real Estate
Suite 2800 — 555 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 4N6