Vancouver, November 1, 2018- The provincial government has appointed six new members and re-appointed five members to the Real Estate Council of BC. The new members bring with them a range of expertise in industry, policy and governance best practices, while the retention of several current members will ensure continuity and experience.
These appointments are in addition to the appointments made over the summer and fall, bringing the total number of RECBC Council members to 16, under the leadership of chair Elain Duvall. Four members of the RECBC Council are real estate licensees or former licensees, while three are practicing lawyers.
“I welcome the opportunity to work with the new members to strengthen protection for consumers and increase public confidence in the real estate sector,” said chair Elain Duvall. “I would also like to extend my congratulations to the re-appointed Council members and look forward to continuing to implement the operational changes currently underway across RECBC.”
RECBC thanks the outgoing members, Gerry Martin, John L. Daly, Kevin Lonsdale, Laurie Sterritt, Tom Styffe and Maili Wong for their dedicated service and their commitment to creating public trust in ethical and competent real estate professionals.
Members of the Real Estate Council of BC are publicly appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council to ensure the effective governance of the profession and protect the public interest.
RECBC Council Members include:
- Elain Duvall (Chair) — Appointed September 17 for a two-year term
- Robert Gialloreto (Vice Chair) — Re-appointed October 31 for a one-year term
- Linda Allen — Appointed July 13 for a one-year term
- Karen Ameyaw — Appointed October 31 for a one-year term
- Yasin Amlani — Appointed October 31 for a one-year term
- Marianne Bond — Appointed October 31 for a three-year term
- Magdaline (Maggie) Chan — Appointed October 31 for a three-year term
- Blaire Chisholm — Appointed October 31 for a one-year term
- Ruth Hanson — Appointed October 31 for a three-year term
- Sandra Heath — Re-appointed October 31 for a two-year term
- Lenard Hrycan — Re-appointed October 31 for a three-year term
- Catherine Ludgate — Appointed October 5 for a two-year term
- Elana Mignosa — Re-appointed October 31 for a two-year term
- Neal Nicholson — Appointed July 13 for a one-year term
- Sukhmander (Sukh) Sidhu — Re-appointed October 31 for a one-year term
- Michael (Mike) Walker -Appointed October 5 for a two-year term