2014/15 Strategic Goals and Initiatives
Developed in 2011, the Council’s Strategic Plan articulated the organization’s mission, values, goals and objectives – pointing the way forwards for the regulation of real estate in BC. Twenty-one projects and initiatives were undertaken, in four strategic areas: Accessibility, Relevant Competency & Compliance, Consumer Confidence, and Responsive Services. In 2014/15, the Council completed the Strategic Plan, and began the development of a new plan that will guide the organization forwards, to meet the challenges and changes of the future.
Among the successfully completed projects:
- Province-wide surveys of licensees and real estate consumers allowed the Council to benchmark awareness levels among its key audiences.
- Revised and updated courses ensured that learners in the Applied Practice Course, Broker’s Licensing Course, and Strata Management Licensing Course receive current, relevant and engaging education to prepare them for professional practice.
- A comparative review of fines and suspensions in other Canadian jurisdictions ensured that the Council continues to follow current best practices with regard to discipline.
- Seminars for licensees on avoiding the “Top Ten Complaints” kept topical compliance issues in the spotlight.
- A dynamic online format for the Report from Council newsletter made keeping up with discipline, regulatory changes, and practice issues easy and engaging for licensees.
- Technology upgrades to the Council’s records management system allowed the Council to maintain and enhance its customer service.